Sunday, November 23, 2008

The first time I saw lightning

This photo was taken in the Faeroe Islands in Skopun were abbinn and omman lived. Abbinn and omman are my grandparents on my mother's side. Grandfather in Faeroese is abbinn and grandmother is omman. This photo is taken before I started school so it is more likely in 1965. When I was around five years old. From left to right these are the kids; Johann my older brother, Karl my brother who is one year younger than me, Hordur the youngest brother, Beinta our cousin and Hera which is me. We all used to have blond hair. We all look like elves with our ears sticking out hehe.
This visit was during the summer. We were all walking home to our grandparents house. Just us kids. There started to be loud noises in the air. I wondered was the noise was. Then boomm a huge light flared through the sky. We all screamed and huddled together and probably thought we were going to die. I am sure people who heard us were wondering what was going on. That was the first time I saw lightning. Iceland normally did not have lightning that we saw. I still remember how scared I was. Now I love watching the lightning.

No comments: